Monday, January 2, 2012

Beach Retreats and Good Eats


My recent trip to Vieques, which is an island off Puerto Rico, was just what was in order after an intense and grueling few months. The few days that we spent on the island were full of sun drenched hours laying on the pristine and untouched beaches, gazing at multicolored sunsets, devouring Latin flared Caribbean cuisine, becoming entranced by the bioluminescent bay, and of course indulging in a few cocktails.  The food on the island was simple, fresh, and delicious. Many of our meals were enjoyed with the sand between our toes and we had the opportunity to enjoy fresh caught local fish, ceviches, the best rice and beans and sweet plantains I had ever had, and even a Caribbean curry. My fading tan is a reminder that it is time to get back to reality and brace myself for the cold…but I can still imagine the Caribbean heat tickling my face. 

"The Best" rice and beans and sweet plantains along side some conch ceviche

Sol Food's inspired offerings

If you're wondering how Henry enjoyed his retreat in the Catskills....well "the proof is in the pudding"

No comments:

Post a Comment