Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Saucealicious



This dip/sauce/dressing, what have you, is delectable and I could literally drink it. I hope you find it as scrumptious as I do.

This recipe was inspired by a dressing from Raw Food, Real World

Green Gremlin Dressing

1 small avocado
¼ cup tangerine or fresh orange juice
2 limes, zest of 1, juice of both
½ cup roughly chopped cilantro and chives
Pinch of sea salt
¼ cup olive oil
Black pepper

In a blender, combine the avocado, citrus juices, herbs, and sea salt. With the blender running, slowly add the olive oil until the dressing is creamy and emulsified. Finish with pepper.



You can toss it with your salad, smother it over your fish or just dip some veggies into it.  Here I served it with grilled salmon over greens with grilled zucchini and roasted red pepper. Tangy, creamy, yummy! I hope you enjoy.



                  

2 comments: